Faculty Additional Employment Overview
This article contains an overview of the Faculty Additional Employment process for Additional Faculty Work for full-time faculty (1.0 FTE).
The Faculty Additional Employment process replaces the Special Consultant Pay Request form for faculty whose additional assignments are paid from state funds.
These full-time faculty will need to have a new appointment created for them using job code 2403 (academic year appointments) or 4660 (work break appointments).
- A Faculty Additional Employment Request (FAER) Form in Adobe Experience Manager must be completed and approved.
- A Faculty Additional Employment academic year appointment or work break appointment must be created in PeopleSoft Human Resources.
- The Faculty Additional Employment appointment must be approved in PeopleSoft Human Resources by the college/program approver.
- The Faculty Additional Employment Payroll Report must be run in PeopleSoft Human Resources, printed, signed, and sent to Payroll for processing.
- The Faculty Additional Employment appointment contracts must be retrieved from My Workplace in Titan Online, printed, and sent to the faculty for signature.
Who completes the Faculty Additional Employment Request Form? Who creates the appointment in PeopleSoft Human Resources?
It is up to each individual college to determine who fills out the Faculty Additional Employment Request Form(s) and processes the appointment(s) in PeopleSoft.
Once the department/college has processed the appointment, it will be approved by the college dean or program head designee.
Processors should notify the college or program approver via email.
College or program approvers notify the processors when appointment notices can be printed. Processors can retrieve their appointment notices from My Workplace in Titan Online. Verify with your college or program approver to determine how appointment notices should be handled.
All signed appointment notices should be filed within the employee’s official personnel file in the college or program head office.
Colleges or program staff will print the Faculty Additional Employment Payroll Report. This report is submitted to Payroll Services by the college approver.
For more information on the Faculty Additional Employment processes and whom to contact with questions about the processes, view the Faculty Additional Employment website.
For training and how-to assistance, contact IT Training at 657-278-5647 or [email protected].
For technical assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at 657-278-7777 or [email protected].