Completing a Human Resources Access Request Form
This article covers how to complete the PeopleSoft (CMS/ERP) Access Request Form in order to request specialized access to the Human Resources system.
All pop up blockers must be disabled prior to accessing the form. View instructions on Turning the Pop-Up Blocker On or Off.
1. Log into the campus portal using Internet Explorer or Safari. Go to My Workplace to access the Access Request Forms.
If this is the first time you are accessing Access Request Forms on this device, check your Compatibility View settings in Internet Explorer to make sure the form loads properly. To learn how to change your settings, view Changing Compatibility View in Internet Explorer.
2. Under IT Access Request Form, select HR Access Request Form.
A. Click the IT Access Request Form hyperlink in the My Workplace navigation panel.
B. Click the HR Access Request Form hyperlink.
3. The form will open in a new window. Enter the Employee ID (CWID).
Fields in green should be completed first. This will autopopulate other fields on the form with PeopleSoft data.
4. Tab to the next field or click another box. Additional fields on the page will autopopulate.
The rest of the employee information will automatically fill out based on PeopleSoft records. If the autopopulated data does not reflect the employee's current appointment, you may need to wait to submit the ARF to allow for PeopleSoft records to update.
5. Identify the Account Action Request and Types of Access. The appropriate Roles section will activate after the type of access is selected.
A. Select whether the employee is a New User, Existing User, or has Changed Departments.
B. Select whether the employee is a Distributed or Central User.
Central Users may submit ARFs for distributed access (i.e. to be the department timekeeper). When doing so, they should select Distributed User.
||A user who does not currently have Human Resources access
||A user whose Human Resources access needs to be modified
||A user who moved from one department to another and needs modifications to their Human Resources access
|Distributed User||An employee that works in a campus department that is not part of central HR (e.g. academic departments, student success centers, athletics, etc.)|
|Central User||A user who works in an HRDI department (e.g. Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Total Wellness, etc.)
6. Check the Add box next to each role to which access is requested. To remove access, select the Remove box next to the role/s to be removed.
6.1. For Distributed Roles, click Select to open a checklist of departments.
6.2. Choose the department/s to which the request applies, then click OK.
7. OPTIONAL: Enter any comments in the Comment field.
8. Complete the form by entering any comments into the Comment box and selecting the Launch link to submit the form.
Click on Launch to submit. Comments entered in the Comment box will appear under the Employee Info tab upon launching the form.