How Deans and Department Chairs Access SOQs for Instructors in their Department(s)
This article covers how deans and department chairs can access SOQs (Student Opinion Questionnaires) for instructors in their college/department(s).
- By default, you are taken to the Documents folder. Click on the drop-down menu.
- Then select SOQ.
Search fields are case sensitive.
If you do not enter any search criteria, it may take time for the search to run as it will be showing you all SOQs for all instructors for all available terms/semesters. Depending on your access, this may result in thousands of search results. It's highly recommended that you enter at least one search criterion to narrow down your results.
Regardless of the criteria that you enter, you will only see data for the colleges/departments that you have access to view.
- Term allows you to search by semester/term. Enter terms as Fall 2021 or Spring 2022.
- Course Prefix allows you to search by the course prefix such as MATH. Can be used with Catalog Number to find SOQs for a specific course (e.g., MATH-115).
- Department Name allows you to search for SOQs for a specific department. Be sure to enter the name of the department (e.g., Mathematics) and not the department ID.
- CWID allows you to search for SOQs by the instructor's Campus-Wide ID (CWID).
- First Name allows you to search by an instructor's first name. You may want to use this in conjunction with Last Name to find a specific instructor.
- Last Name allows you to search by an instructor's first name. Depending on the last name, you may want to use this in conjunction with First Name to find a specific instructor.
- Catalog Number allows you to search for SOQs for a specific catalog number such as 115. Should be used with Course Prefix to find SOQs for a specific course (e.g., MATH-115).
- You can use the search operators/parameters to adjust how you search for a criterion (e.g., starts with, contains, include any, like, equals, etc.).
- Click Search once you have entered your search criteria.
6. In the search results, you will typically see at least three documents for each instructor: one Summary per department, one Statistics per course section, and one Comments per course section. Double click on the document you want to view. To see more details about each row, use the scroll bar at the bottom of the search results. Click on a column to sort the column.
If an instructor teaches only one course in the department, the Summary and Statistics documents may contain the same information.
If an instructor teaches multiple courses and/or course sections, you will see a Statistics and Comments document for each course/course section.
- The Summary document provides an overall summary of the SOQ data for the instructor in all courses they teach in that department.
- The Statistics document provides the statistical data of the SOQs for a specific course and section.
- The Comments document provides all of the comments students entered about the instructor for the specific course and section.
- Use the scroll bar at the bottom of the search results to view more columns in the search results.
- Click on a column to sort the column alphabetically or numerically, depending on the type of data in the column. Click the column again to sort in reverse order.
7. Documents will open in a new window. Click the arrow at the top right to view the next document in the search results. To save a PDF copy of the document, click on the Print icon. Click on the x at the top right of the window to close the document.
- Click on the arrow to move to the next document (or previous document) in the search results.
- Click the print icon to generate a PDF copy of the document that you can download.
- Click the x icon to close the document.
It's not recommended that you adjust the Size of the document as that can result in some fields being cut off.
You can also select a single document and use the Actions menu to download a copy of the PDF.
To highlight documents, click on one document. To select all documents in a range, hold down the Shift key and click on the last document in the range you want to select. To select individual documents, hold down the Ctrl key and click on each document you want to highlight.
To remove a document from your selection, hold down the Ctrl key and click on the document you want to un-highlight.
- Click on the Actions menu.
- Select Download.
- Then select Download All.
Depending on how many files you are choosing to download together, this process may take several minutes.
The name of the .zip archive will be the same as the first document that you selected. In the above example, the first document selected was the Math summary document for Tuffy Titan, so the .zip archive is called MATH_tuffytitan_Summary.
Keep in mind that if you selected documents for multiple instructors to download, all of them may be in a .zip file that is named for just one of the instructors.
You may need to use the scroll bar to view all of the search fields.
- Add or remove search criteria from the existing search and then click Search to re-run the search.
- Or click Reset to clear all of the criteria and start again.