Before Entering an Appointment or Pay Change in CSU Student Processes

Before you go into CSU Student Processes in CHRS to process student appointments or pay changes, make certain that the items on this checklist have been completed.

1. Ensure that the student is currently enrolled and is not on academic notice or academically disqualified.

Student assistants must be enrolled during the regular semester. Enrollment in summer classes is not required for summer appointments.

To be in good academic standing, an undergraduate student must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher, while a graduate student must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.

2. Confirm that the student has worked in a STATESIDE position within the last 12 months on campus. If the student has never had a campus stateside position or has not worked in a campus stateside position within the last 12 months, hire the student via CHRS Recruiting.

To check if a student has been hired into a stateside position on campus within the past 12 months, contact Student Employment in HRDI to request information about the student's work history.

View the Student Recruitment Guides on HRDI's Recruiting user guides page for more information on the hiring process through CHRS Recruiting for students that are new to stateside campus employment or have not had a stateside campus position within the past 12 months.

3. If you are hiring a Federal Work-Study student, obtain Financial Aid approval.

Coordinate with the Federal Work-Study Coordinator to ensure that the student qualifies for Federal Work-Study and that all employment authorization processes and procedures are followed.

4. Submit an approval form to obtain MPP approval for the appointment/pay change.

An initiator in the department must submit the MPP Approval for Student Assistant Appointment Form that can be accessed under the Student Employment section of the HRDI's Forms page.

After submission, the form will route to the Reports to Supervisor that is tied to the position number entered on the form. Once approved, the initiator will receive an email notifying them of the approval. They can proceed with processing the student appointment or pay change.

Need More Help?

Student Assistant Employment webpage

Federal Work-Study for Employers webpage

For business process assistance, contact Student Employment at [email protected].

For questions about Federal Work-Study, contact the Federal Work-Study Coordinator at 657-278-3125.

For training and how-to assistance, contact IT Training at 657-278-5647 or [email protected].

For technical assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at 657-278-7777 or [email protected].

You are done. Great job!


Add your comment

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.