25Live Pro: Adding an Event to a Campus Calendar
This article covers how staff and faculty can add an event to a campus calendar using 25Live Pro.
Don't have access to add events? Email [email protected] with the calendar(s) you need to be able to access.
1. Log in to 25Live Pro.
2. Click Event Wizard at the top of the dashboard or click Create an Event.
First time adding an event? Be sure to set up your environment by creating event and resource searches as well as starring the calendars (resources) and organizations you use the most frequently.
3. Enter the basic event information. Then click Next.
The event information on the left will update as you enter information. You can also click on an item in the event information to jump to that part of the event wizard.
- Tips on the field you are entering will appear on the right as you go through the wizard.
- Enter the Event Name. You are limited to 40 characters for this field.
- Enter the Event Title for Published Calendars. This is the name that people will see on the calendar. You are limited to 120 characters for this field.
- Select Calendar - Announcements as the Event Type.
- Enter a search term in the Sponsoring Organization for this Event drop-down menu to find the appropriate organization for the event. Any starred organizations should appear at the top of the list after you enter search criteria.
- Then click Next.
If you do not see the correct sponsoring organization in your drop-down menu, email [email protected].
4. Enter the Event Description. Then click Next.
Images should not be more than 600-1000px wide and 800px tall for them to display correctly on the campus calendar. Alt text is also required for your images (80 characters max).
Need more help with accessibility? View 508 Tips for Content Editors.
Your event description should contain all of the essential information that people need to know about your event including the time, location, ticket information, and details about the event. All of the information that you include in the description will be searchable on the calendar.
It is highly recommended that you use the default font type and size and only use bold and/or italics to emphasize content. This ensures that your content is accessible and appears cleanly on the campus calendar website.
You can add a hyperlink to a webpage on your website if you would like to have a more colorful/creative advertisement for the event.
You may add a linked image to be displayed in the event information, but if your image contains details of the event (i.e., it's a flyer or advertisement for your event), all of those details need to be reproduced as text in the event description to meet accessibility requirements.
5. Choose if this is a repeating event or not.
If your event takes place over the course of several days, you may want to add it as a repeating event. For example, if your event occurs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9 am - 2 pm, you may want to add it as a repeating event.
6. Enter the event date and time details. Then click Next.
For multi-day events, 25Live considers the event ongoing between the start and end dates. For example, if your event starts on Friday at 8 pm and ends at 1 pm on Sunday, 25Live will mark the event as continuous from 8 pm on Friday through 1 pm on Sunday.
If your event is multi-day but only at specific times on each day (e.g., 9 am - 2 pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), then you should enter the event as a repeating event rather than a multi-day event for clarity.
- Select the Event Start Date and Time. For repeating events, this will be the first occurrence of the event.
- Select the Event End Date and Time. For repeating events, this will be the first occurrence of the event.
- Use the checkbox to indicate if this is a multi-day event.
- Check the Event Duration to ensure that you have correctly input the date(s) and times for the event.
- Click Next.
7. Select the resource (calendar) where you want to add this event. Then click Next.
To avoid your event showing up multiple times on the campus calendar, do NOT choose more than one resource (calendar) for your event. If you need an event to show up on multiple calendars, please contact [email protected] to ensure the calendars are set up to avoid the event showing up twice.
- If you have starred calendars, you can click on one from the Your Starred Resources to add it as a resource.
- Use the Search by Resource Name to search for a calendar; click on a calendar to add it as a resource.
- Access Saved Searches or Advanced Search to access more complex searches to find a calendar.
- Double check that the calendar that you want to add the event to is listed in Selected Resources before continuing. Click the x next to a calendar to remove it from the resources.
- Click Next.
8. Optionally, you can specify a Scheduler and Requestor for the event. Then click Next.
The Scheduler is the person entering the event information.
The Requestor is the contact person for questions about the event.
9. Review the details of your event. Select either Tentative or Confirmed as the Event State. Then click Save.
- Review the details of your event on the left.
- Choose Tentative as the Event State if you are not ready to publish the event on the calendar.
- Choose Confirmed as the Event State if you are ready to publish the event on the calendar.
- Click Save.
11. If you saved your event as Confirmed, the event will show up on the calendar within 15-20 minutes.
You may need to use the calendar on the right to select the day of the event so you can see your event on the calendar.
If your event does not show up after 30 minutes, please email [email protected] for assistance.
12. If you saved your event as Tentative, you will need to return to 25Live and confirm the event to publish it to the calendar(s).
Need More Help?
Please contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance with 25Live.