What's New in 25Live
This article covers new features that are being pilot tested in 25Live and will be available in spring 2022.
Check out the new features and interface on the demo version of the new Campus Calendar! Categories and Custom Attributes now make searching, filtering, and viewing events even better.
This new interface is connected to the 25Live Test environment, so you can now submit test events using the Calendar-Testing resource to see how your events will look.
To make scheduling calendar events easier, users who only post calendar events will see only one Event Type: Calendar - Announcements. Users who make room reservations using 25Live will continue to see other event types.
Categories help your events get seen by allowing users to filter by category on the main campus calendar. For example, you can target specific audiences (e.g., faculty, staff, students, alumni, general public) or groups (e.g., academic event, non-academic event, administrative event). You can also attach searchable event tags such as competition, exhibitions, guest speaker, training/workshops, career/professional development and more.
2. You can enter search criteria to find a specific category. Place a checkmark next to each category that applies to your event. Then click Done.
Be sure to include ALL applicable categories. For example, if your event is open to faculty, staff, students, and the general public, be sure to select all four categories. That way, if a user filters the campus calendar by any of those tags, they will see your event.
- You can enter search criteria to find a specific category.
- Place a checkmark next to each category that applies to your event.
- Then click Done.
Custom attributes allow for better tags and formatting on the Campus Calendar. In addition to making it easier to display ticketing information and website links, you can create custom audience and event type tags and specify which images should be event images and which should be a detail image.
Note that the system will specify whether you should enter text or a URL (hyperlink) in the custom attribute field.
Images entered into the Event Description are separate from the Custom Attributes Detail Image and Event Image. Any images entered into the Event Description will only appear in the description for the event when a user views the event details.
If you do not specify a Detail Image or Event Image, the campus calendar will automatically select from a library of campus images.
Detail Image is the thumbnail image that appears to the left of each event when viewing events on the campus calendar.
Event Image is the image that appears as a header image when you open an event to view the details on the campus calendar.
If you would like to have an audience or event type tag added to 25Live as a Category, email [email protected]. Note that typically only tags with wide applicability will be added.
Additional Organizations allows you to add in other campus organizations that are involved with an event. This is especially helpful for events that are co-sponsored as users who search for either organization's events will see the event.
1. After selecting a Sponsoring Organization for this Event, click Edit under Additional Organizations.
2. Enter search criteria for an organization. You can use the filters to narrow down your search results. Place a checkmark next to each organization that you want to add. Then click Done.
- Enter search criteria for an organization. You can enter the full name or just a partial name.
- Use the filters to narrow down your search results.
- Place a checkmark next to each organization that you want to add.
- Then click Done.
Please contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance with 25Live.