Adding a Calendar Event Checklist
This article contains a streamlined checklist for users to follow to add a calendar event in 25Live.
- Event Name = 40 characters
- Event Title for Published Calendars = 120 characters
- Event Type = Calendar - Announcements
- Sponsoring Organization for this Event = department, club, or campus organization who is putting on the event
- Additional Organizations = any additional departments, clubs, or campus organizations that are associated with the event
Remember that header images and thumbnail images for your event are now added using the Custom Attributes instead of Event Description.
Remember that for accessibility:
- Use the Insert > Link function to generate an accessible hyperlink (e.g., CSUF website rather than www.fullerton.edu.)
- Use the Insert > Image function to insert an image and add the required alt text for the image (80 characters max) (e.g., CSUF Logo)
Need more help with accessibility? View 508 Tips for Content Editors.
Images in the Event Description should not be more than 1000px wide for it to display correctly on the campus calendar.
- Select the date of the event. For repeating events, this will be the first occurrence of the event.
- Select the start and end time.
- Use the checkbox to indicate if this is a multi-day event.
- Check the Duration to ensure that you have correctly input the date(s) and times for the event.
2.4. If your event repeats, click on Repeating Pattern to choose the repeat type or double click on a date in the calendar to set the specific occurrences.
- Click Repeating Pattern to choose from standard repeat patterns (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly).
- Or use the calendar to select the specific dates that the event repeats.
To avoid your event showing up multiple times on the campus calendar, do NOT choose more than one resource (calendar) for your event. If you need an event to show up on multiple calendars, please contact [email protected] to ensure the calendars are set up to avoid the event showing up twice.
Remember that the main images for your event should be added here.
Detail Image = thumbnail image on main campus calendar screen; maximum size is 80px x 80px
Event Image = header image on event detail screen; maximum width is 1000px
The URL must not be longer than 80 characters total.
2.8. Review the details of your event. Select either Tentative or Confirmed as the Event State. Then click Save.
- Choose Tentative as the Event State if you are not ready to publish the event on the calendar. Choose Confirmed as the Event State if you are ready to publish the event on the calendar.
- Click Save.
There are several places where you can look up an event in 25Live:
- Use the Search Events box in the Quick Search.
- If you have created and starred an event search for your calendar(s), you can access it under Your Starred Event Searches.
- Your Upcoming Events will have access to all of the events that you have scheduled and/or requested.
- Your Starred Events will show any events that you starred.
- Click Go to Search for more search options.
- In the Details tab, click on Tentative in the Event State field.
- Select Confirmed.
Please contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance with 25Live.
You are done. Great job!