Troubleshooting Printing a Requisition
This article covers troubleshooting assistance when printing a requisition. If you followed the steps to print a requisition in the Sending For Approval user guide and experienced issues, follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot the issue.
Problem: The status of the requisition you want to print is unchecked on the Print Requisition screen.
If the requisition you are trying to print is in Open status and the Open status is unchecked in the Statuses to Include section of the Print Requisition screen, CFS will not print your requisition.
Solution: Check your Junk or Spam folder in Outlook for the message. Then mark the email as Not Junk and/or add it to your safe senders list.
View instructions on how to add a safe sender in Outlook on the Web. (Choose the unblock senders option.)
4. When the Run Status is Success and the Distribution Status is Posted, click Details. If the report is not posted yet, click Refresh to update the status.
- Check that the Run Status = Success and the Distribution Status = Posted.
- Then click Details.
- If the report has not posted, click Refresh to update the status.
Great! However, it's possible that there is an issue with CFS so please report the issue.
If you have NEVER successfully received a requisition PDF via email before, contact CMS Security at [email protected]. It's possible there is an issue with your email address in CFS. Please let them know you successfully ran the process on the web, but the email didn't work.
If you have successfully received a requisition PDF via email before, contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777. It's possible there is an issue with CFS sending emails and the Help Desk can notify the appropriate team to follow up with the Chancellor's Office.
This means there is very likely an issue with CFS itself. Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 and they can notify the appropriate team to follow up with the Chancellor's Office.
This can often happen when you change departments as your default options are not changed automatically. This is part of the reason why the process to send a requisition for approval no longer includes adding your Approver(s) to the email with the requisition PDF that CFS sends; we recommend that you send it only to yourself.
Follow the steps below to remove the Approver(s) from the CFS requisition email.
- Click on the CFS End User tile.
- Or you click on the NavBar icon to navigate to NavBar > Navigator > Purchasing > Requisitions > Reports > Print Requisition.
Remember that you always want to use the SAME Run Control ID when you print a requisition so your changes are saved. In the screenshot below, notice the Run Control ID is Send_For_Approval, so this user would always use the Send_For_Approval Run Control ID.
- Click Search.
- Then select the Run Control ID you already created.
Remember that the CFS User ID is 50 + CWID (e.g., 50800000000). The way this is set up is that CFS will send the Requisition PDF email to the email address associated with that User ID.
- Choose User in the ID Type menu.
- Click the magnifying glass icon.
If you have a fairly common last name, you may want to enter your first name as well (e.g., Smith,John).
Each Requester has a default chartfield string set for them in CFS. Remember that you need to check the Distribution screen for ALL requisitions as you may want to use a different chartfield for each requisition.
Follow the instructions below to modify the chartfields on your requisition.
Did you change departments? Or just want to change your default chartfield string in CFS? Send an email to CMS Security at [email protected] to ask them to update your default chartfields in CFS. Please include your CWID and the new chartfield string (Account, Fund, Dept ID) that you want as your default.
If you have added Add/Update Requisitions as a navigation tile to your personal CFS homepage, you can just click on the tile on your homepage. You can view instructions on adding a navigation tile for more information.
- Click on the CFS End User tile.
- Or you click on the NavBar icon to navigate to NavBar > Navigator > Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions.
It's recommended that you enter your name in the Requester Name field so only your requisitions appear in the search results.
If the Requisition Status is Approved, you will not be able to open it. Requesters can only access requisitions that are Open.
The most recent purchase requisition will appear at the top of the list.
Please note that if your requisition has more than one line item, you will need to do this for each line.
Rules that CFS enforces:
- Must be a valid Account, Fund, Dept, Program, Class, or Project code
- Fund/Dept combination (not all fund codes are available for each department)
- Account/Fund combination (some fund codes restrict which account codes can be used with them)
Rules that CFS does NOT enforce, but CSUF does:
- Delegation of Authority for Department ID
- CFS will only check that you have entered a valid department ID; it will not check whether your approver has delegation of authority for the department ID.
- CSUF runs a process on all approved purchase requisitions to check that the approver has delegation of authority for all department IDs used on the purchase requisition. If not, the requisition will be put on hold and you and your approver will be notified. The requisition will NOT be processed until the necessary corrections are made.
Be sure you know the department ID(s) for which your approver(s) have delegation of authority. If an approver approves a requisition for a department for which they do NOT have delegation of authority, the only solution will be to cancel the requisition, re-create it, and then have the correct approver approve it.
12. Click Save at the bottom left of the screen to save your requisition. You can now return to the Print Requisition screen to re-print your Requisition PDF with the corrected chartfields.
Technical issue with CFS? Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
Questions about how to do something in CFS? Contact IT Training at [email protected] or 657-278-5647.
You are done. Great job!