Registering for Commencement
This article covers how eligible CSUF students can register for the Commencement in-person ceremony and request tickets for their guests. Students also have the option to indicate that they will not be attending the in-person ceremony.
1. Log in to the campus portal and access the Student Homepage (Student Center).
3. Click on Commencement Registration. Then click on the Marching Order icon.
- Click on Commencement Registration in the left menu.
- Then click on the Marching Order icon.
5. Use the drop-down menu to indicate if you will be attending the in-person Commencement ceremony.
5.2. If you choose Yes, start by entering the name to be read and displayed at the ceremony, your mobile phone number, your name pronunciation, and a specific dialect for your name pronunciation.
These are all optional fields, but filling them out will help keep you informed about graduation and ensure your name is displayed and pronounced as you would like.
- Specify the name you want to be read and displayed at the ceremony. By default, this is set to your Official Name on File.
- Enter your mobile phone number to receive graduation-related text messages.
- Enter a phonetic pronunciation of your name. Examples are provided below the question.
- If you have a specific dialect for your name pronunciation (e.g., Spanish), enter the dialect.
5.3. To record your name, click on Receive an automated phone call now that will record your name pronunciation or click on Record now using your microphone.
Recording your name pronunciation is optional, but this provides a clear pronunciation for readers.
If you choose to receive an automated phone call, you will be prompted to enter the phone number you want the system to call.
- To have the system call your phone, click Receive an automated phone call now that will record your name pronunciation.
- If you have a microphone connected to your current device, click Record now using your microphone.
5.4. Enter your Post Graduation Information (optional). The number of tickets that you are eligible for will automatically populate in the Total Number of Tickets. Click Submit. You're done!
Remember you don't need a ticket for yourself; only for your guests!
Next to each ticket will be an email field. Enter your email address to send the ticket to yourself; enter your guest's email address to send the ticket to them directly. If you would like to print the ticket(s), you can do so from the email.
Be sure to fill out an email address for each ticket!
- Enter your post-graduation contact information: mobile phone number, email address, street address, city, state, and zip. This is an optional step.
- The number of tickets that you are eligible for will automatically populate in the Total Number of Tickets field.
- Click Submit.