Completing a Finance Delegation of Authority Request Form
This article will explain how to complete a Finance Delegation of Authority Request (DOA) Form.
Please use one of the supported browsers to access ARFs in AEM:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
2. Use the search bar or the page numbers to search for the Finance Delegation of Authority Access Request Form. Click the paper airplane icon to launch the form.
- Type a search term into the search bar and hit Enter to search.
- Use the page numbers to navigate through the different forms.
- Click the paper airplane icon to launch the form.
A user needs to be active in PeopleSoft HR in order for an ARF to be submitted on their behalf. It may take a few business days for an employee's record to be activated/updated in the system. ASI and ASC employees will need to contact CMS Security to request that a profile be created for them in the PeopleSoft HR system. View what information CMS Security needs to set up an employee profile.
Choose whether the employee is a New User, Existing User, or if there is a need to Remove All Access.
|New User||A user who does not currently have Finance Delegation of Authority access
|Existing User||A user whose Finance Delegation of Authority access needs to be modified
|Remove All Access||A user who no longer needs their Finance Delegation of Authority access as they have changed roles within the department or have left the department or university
6. Enter the Effective Date for this authority by clicking on the calendar icon and selecting the date from the calendar.
Hover over the Effective Date field until you see a calendar icon. Click on the calendar icon to enter the date upon which the authority begins.
7. Indicate whether this authority is permanent or temporary by using the radio buttons. If it is temporary, enter the end date for the authority.
If you specify an end date, the authority will automatically expire on that day. No additional forms will need to be filled out to remove the authority.
If the employee's appointment status on the Employee Information tab is listed as Temporary, the authority must also be temporary. The authority End Date must be on or before the employee's Appointment End Date.
- Indicate whether this authority is Permanent or Temporary by using the checkboxes.
- If it is temporary, enter the End Date for the authority. This date must be before or on the employee's appointment end date.
8. Use the checkboxes to select which roles should be added or removed. The Departments box below each selected role will become available for additional information to be provided.
If Travel Request authority is selected, you will also need to enter the maximum authorized amount.
8.1. To add the appropriate departments for which access is being requested, click on the Select Division Depts button or the Select Other Division Depts button below the associated role.
A. Click Select Division Depts to enter department information.
B. If the user has authority for departments in another division on campus, click Select Other Division Depts. (Optional)
8.2. If Select Division Depts is selected, a checklist will open. Place a checkmark next to all of the departments to which access is being requested and click OK to populate the form field.
- Use the checkboxes to select what departments the user needs access to.
- Click OK.
8.3. If Select Other Division Depts is selected, a search field will open. Search for the departments to which access is being requested. Click Add to choose the appropriate option/s from the list. Then, click Save to populate the form field.
The Department Name field is case-sensitive.
A. Type the Department ID or Department Name into the search bar.
B. Click Search to bring up a list of results.
C. Click the Add button next to the department you want to list on the form field.
D. Chosen options will populate under the Selected Departments heading.
E. Click Save.
- Click the checkbox indicating that you have completed the form.
- Your signature and the date will autopopulate.
- Enter any comments, if applicable.
- Click Generate PDF to download a PDF version of the filled out form.
- Click Submit to complete the form and send it off for additional signatures.